Our vision is to build a community of healthy and engaged MSA membership caring for patients and their families in order to provide the best possible health-care. Our mission is to continuously contribute to the wellness of our MSA membership by growing our physician voices, and supporting our membership to create a healthy happy workplace.
Role of MSA
The objectives of the Medical Staff Association include:
- the promotion and advancement of Member involvement in the provision of the organization’s medical services and to represent and advocate for the interests of the Medical Staff
- receive information from the HAMAC, regional programs, the Board, the CEO, FHA or site senior management, the Program Medical Directors, the Regional Department Heads or others and disseminate this information to the Medical Staff and local community physicians
- communicate all recommendations and matters of concern from the Medical Staff to the Program Medical Directors, the Regional Department Heads and/or the VP Medicine, HAMAC, the Presidents’ Council and the FHA senior management
- represent the collective interests of Members
- Hold Regular meetings of the Medical Staff Association at least two (2) times a Year, in addition to the Annual Meeting, keep minutes.
- Generate an annual report
- Prepare a financial statement of the Medical Staff Association funds for presentation to the annual meeting, and ensure that an audit of the Medical Staff Association funds is conducted annually
The responsibilities of members:
- Active and Provisional Staff Members shall attend at least 50% of the general Medical Staff Association meetings in a calendar year.
- Pay an annual membership fee each Year and which is a requirement in order to remain on the Medical Staff.
- Participate in achieving our vision and mission
MSA Executive Team
President: Dr Raymond Dong
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Vice President: Dr Roop Kahlon
Dr Roopjeet Kahlon is a staff physician in the division of General Internal Medicine at SMH and a Clinical Instructor in the UBC division of Community Internal Medicine. Her primary areas of interest outside of patient care are quality improvement and clinical pharmacology. She is the physician lead for the medication reconciliation program, chair of the Surrey Memorial Hospital M&M rounds and the current vice president of the Medical Staff Association.
Secretary/ treasurer: Dr Marietta Van Den Berg
Dr. Marietta Van Den Berg is a staff physician at Surrey Memorial Hospital and a clinical instructor in the UBC Department of Psychiatry.