ENGAGEMENT FUNDING INFORMATION
The Medical Staff Association is pleased to announce that they will now be accepting applications for Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI) funding. Applications will be considered for all engagement initiatives across Surrey Memorial Hospital for that comply with the SSC funding guidelines.
Step 1: Please review the Facility Engagement Funding Package at smhdrslounge.com/pre_app_pkg prior to submitting an application, and/or for additional resources.
Step 2: Submit your application to smhdrslounge.com/funding-application
Step 3: Once your submission is received, a staff member will contact you to discuss next steps.
Step 4: A member of the working group may contact you or a representative from your project will be required to be available for questions.
Step 5: Once a decision has been made, the project manager will contact you to go over the results of your application, how to access your funds, reporting requirements, and additional support and resources available to you.
- Application Deadline: TBD
- For help creating a budget and/or project plan feel free to use the SMH Budget and Objectives builder (smhdrslounge.com/funding_resources)
- Applications will be assessed and scored by reviewers prior to funding being awarded.
- If applicants require any assistance during the funding application process, the support team is available to provide assistance. Please them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please visit smhdrslounge.com/funding-application to submit an application.
FACILITY ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVE (FEI)
The overarching purpose of the FEI is to facilitate meaningful engagement and consultation between physicians and health authority leaders. For this reason, please carefully consider if the MSA/FEI is the best avenue for funding your project.
The key outcomes of this work as described in the FEI Memorandum of Understanding are listed below. Projects that explicitly address one or more of these objectives will be considered for funding.
- Improvements ineffective representation of medical staff views.
- Support for medical staff contributions to the development and achievement of health authority plans and initiatives that directly affect physicians.
- Improvements in the ability of medical staff to prioritize issues significantly affecting physicians and patient care.
- Creating opportunities for meaningful interactions with Health Authority leaders, including physicians in formal Health Authority medical leadership roles.
- Improvement of physician access to appropriate information to allow for more effective engagement and interaction between physicians and Health Authority operational leaders.
- Support for physicians to acquire leadership skills required to participate effectively in discussions regarding issues and matters directly affecting physicians and their role in the health care system.
At any time during the application process, please free to reach out to the SMH team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
How to register for FEMS
How to register for VersaPay
Facility Engagement Initiative
SSC Funding Guidelines
Memorandum of Understanding
Setting Priorities for the B.C. Health System
Delivering a Patient-Centred, high performing and sustainable health system