Clinical Management of Opioid Use Disorder – iOAT and the Continuum of Care
Location: Surrey Memorial Hospital, UBC Theatre BSMT Level SMH
Please RSVP by June 2, 2019 to Lindsay.Lynch2@fraserhealth.ca
Guest Speaker, Dr. Christy Sutherland [More Info]
Target audience: physicians and allied health professionals providing clinical care, treatment and support to patients with opioid use disorder, including prescribing opioid agonist treatment. Family physicians, physician specialists, nurses and nurse practitioners are all welcome to attend. This session will be a case-based learning format so come prepared to participate in clinical decisions and real life scenarios.
By participating in the two-hour seminar, learners will build competence in the following:
1) Selecting appropriate pharmacological and psychosocial treatment options for opioid use disorder based on safety and effectiveness evidence, as well as individual patient needs, circumstances and preferences.
2) Reviewing the initiation and ongoing care for patients on injectable opioid agonist treatment.
3) Understanding regulatory changes that allow all physicians and NP’s in BC to prescribe opioid agonist treatments.
4) Recognizing and addressing barriers to prescribing opioid agonist treatments in practice.
5) Identifying local resources, supports, and initiatives for opioid agonist treatment options in Fraser Health.
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:00pm-8:00pm Presentation